Oxford City Royal Regatta
Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st August, 2016
This year, Oxford City Royal Regatta celebrates its 175th year. The regatta has been running consistently on the Isis river in Oxford since 1841 with only occasional breaks due to war and was originally organised by one of the clubs which formed CORC.
We expect this to be one of our biggest events ever, with around 500 crews competing over the regatta weekend and thousands of spectators joining us both at our clubhouse and at the regatta village site at Longbridges, located next to the Finish for both the 1000m and 500m courses.
Taking place on 20th and 21st August 2016, the regatta features a full programme of British Rowing open events with highly competitive racing for men, women, juniors and mixed crews.
If you have any queries relating to entries please contact the Entries Secretary Chris Thomson or Sharon O'Loughlin via
Entries are open on BROE and close at 6pm on Wed 10th Aug 2016, unless oversubscribed, in which case we may close some or all events early. See Events Offered page for more details.
Please remember that each day is a separate event on BROE:
20/08/2016 Oxford City Royal Regatta
21/08/2016 Oxford City Sprint
Any unpaid entries at the time entries close will not be taken through to the Draw, so please ensure all entries are paid for when they are submitted.
Adobe Acrobat document [1.4 MB]
A short video showing some drone footage of Oxford City Royal Regatta from 2015. We may be live broadcasting this years' event, so stay tuned!
- Distinctive pewter tankards will be presented to the winners of all British Rowing open events.
- Winners of the invitation Sprint Eights will receive double sized quart pewter tankards.
- Legendary bar & disco on Saturday evening
- Hot breakfasts served on both days
- Barbecue/refreshments at the boathouse
- Weekend camping
- Drinks tent at the course finish line
- Full programme of British Rowing Open Events
- Quart Sprint Eights for men and women (Sat) and mixed crews on Sunday (by invitation only)
See the DRAW AND RESULTS PAGE for results of previous years events
Thank you all for coming!
175th Anniversary Logo & Poster Design by tothepoint.co.uk